4.04.2010

Brunchin' Bunch


Dear Readers,

Happy Easter to you! Some of you will be thrilled to know that I started off my day in a very unusual way, singing hymns. I had "Abide With Me" stuck in my head when I woke up, so I Googled the Mormon Tabernacle Choir rendition of it. One time through the song and it was out of my system! Phew!

After that, I got to work on brunch. Holy cooking Batman! Here's the menu:

Orange Pull-Apart Rolls (made from scratch and they are AMAZING...as soon as I find my USB cord I'll post pics)
Ham and Cheddar Quiche
Mushroom, Red Pepper, Onion, and Parmesan Quiche
Bacon (of course)
Belgium Waffles with Strawberries and Cream

It was a lot of work, but more than worth it. Honestly, I am at my happiest when my friends are at home (by "at home" I mean at my house...I wish they would just move in with me) and I get to feed them. It's especially fun now with my big kitchen that opens into the dining and living rooms, because I can actually talk to them! As cheesy and emotional as it sounds, I just have to say that my friends have become such a huge part of my life that I consider them more family than anything else. Don't get me wrong, I love my family family too. Shay, Lucas, and I have been extremely fortunate in being able to surround ourselves with such a great bunch of people though. They're as kind as they are crass, and as loving as they are nerdy. I don't know if they feel the same about me, but they keep coming back so I guess there's a little love in there somewhere!

So there you go. I've one upped you on quality of both brunch and friends...I hope you don't hold it against me, there's not a lot more to me than those two things!

Sincerely,
h.

No comments:

Post a Comment