3.09.2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Dear Readers,

March has been a strange month, hasn't it? We're only nine days in, and I've had enough highs and lows to last me a year. For one, I didn't win an Oscar again this year. Correction: I wasn't even nominated for an Oscar again this year. When will the Academy recognize my accomplishments in film? Probably around the same time the Grammy's will recognize for my contributions to the music world.

Seriously though, I have taken a look at what I give to the world, and the answer is not a whole hell of a lot. I do my best for my friends and my family, but it's been a while since I've made an effort towards the greater good. Sadly, when I consider this, I get really tired and then decide my time might be better spent in my bathtub reading a good book. Then I have to ask myself why I'm so tired? That answer's easy: I work a lot, I take care of my family, I try to fit in a baking business, and I have a few health setbacks.

I think (unless I fall into a lot of money that would allow us to be financially independent and follow our dreams) that what I need to do is seriously reevaluate my career. There was a time that I was more focused on my career than anything else (of course, Shay and Lucas put me on a different path), and I was going to change the world. There is absolutely no reason why I can't do that. I'm not Oprah Winfrey, but I don't have to give up either. Does that mean I'll have to leave the property management world behind me? Yes, probably. I'm not sure what the answer is yet though, so I'll pick up my broom and clean one parking garage at a time until a bigger and better way to change the world comes along.

Sincerely,
h.

No comments:

Post a Comment