3.11.2010

The End is the Beginning is the End

Dear Readers,

Big news in Heather Land. Yesterday I put in my notice to leave as a property manager, and have accepted a position at Anthropologie. The good news, I won't have to clean the parking garage anymore. The bad news, I won't have stories about cleaning the parking garage anymore.

Along with this job change comes a change in residence as well. I love living in the Idaho Building. I love looking out my window just in time to see a rich kid fall off of his fixed gear bike. I love walking out my front door to the sights, sounds, and smells of the Saturday Farmer's Market. I love that my little boy can sleep through sirens, drunk people screaming, and loud music. I love that if I need chips and salsa I just slip on my shoes and walk a half of block to Pollo Rey. However, the rent is too high, and the confusion for my resident's would be too great to stay.

We're hoping to relocate to the North End. While we were driving around looking at places yesterday, Shay and I noticed quite a few people jogging. "Look!" said Shay, "We'll be able to run now!" Because, as everyone knows, just moving to the North End puts you into unbelievable shape.

Along with my new post at Anthropologie (did I mention how excited I am to work there? Because I am very excited), I will be focusing my energies to getting my baked goods business off the ground. My goal is to have a full menu done by the end of April, new business cards, and a viable way of marketing my business. I guess I could just start now: who wants to buy something tasty today?

I can feel the pages in my story starting to turn, and I'm thrilled to see what happens next.

Sincerely,
h.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you and your new job! Although I will miss your disgusting parking garage stories. Good luck in your search for a home. And don't forget to hook a buddy up with sweet Anthropologie stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "intensive purposes"? That must be some really serious purposes! :). Good for you Heather! Some people really HATE the lot they have been given.

    ReplyDelete