2.25.2010

Confessions

Dear Readers,

I want to get a few things off my chest. I'm sick of carrying the extra weight of secrets about myself that I hide to avoid being made fun of. Go ahead! Make fun of me! I don't care! Here it goes...

1. Even though I give my husband a hard time about it, I sometimes eat Kraft Cheese and Macaroni straight from the pan.

2. I like the band The Eagles, especially the songs "Hotel California" and "Desperado". I know The Dude hates The Eagles, but I like them anyway.

3. I've read the Twilight series 5 times. I enjoyed them every time.

4. Sometimes, I swear (sorry Mom!).

5. I really, really hate going to touristy places like Fisherman's Wharf in San Fransisco or The Space Needle in Seattle. I really, really like going to the seedy underbelly of big cities and seeing real live hookers and drug dealers. I don't know why.

6. For a long time I've felt like I owe apologies to a lot of people for not going to church anymore. However, rather than apologize, I'd like to say thank you to the people in my life who have taught me the important lessons in life, whether through church or friendship. Because of you, I know love, compassion, humility, friendship, family, and have given me the tools I need to make good choices and take responsibility for myself. Please know that the LDS church will always have a special place in my heart, even if I never go again.

7. I make fun of people. Mostly random people I don't know on the street. I don't mean any harm, but sometimes you just have to laugh.

8. I'm always on time for work. I'm rarely on time for anything else.

9. Really wealthy people scare me more than they impress me.

10. I'm making plans to visit the new Harry Potter theme park at Universal Studios Florida. Ironically, it will be super touristy...but I'm hoping it will be super cool as well.

Wow, I feel so much better! Like I've lost 10 lbs! Thanks for letting me get these things off of my chest.

Sincerely,
h.

3 comments:

  1. I went to a friend's Bar Mitzvah and requested Hotel California to be played. He didn't appreciate it, though. But, can't you just hear that song with a Yiddish lilt added?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Eagle lovin', underworld hangin', street laughin', closet Krafter, money runnin', fang fanatic, cusser girl! I love ya. Have you lost weight? ;)

    ReplyDelete