1.18.2010

Lemon

Dear Readers,

Today Lucas was eating a pudding snack, his new favorite thing. As he was dipping his spoon into the pudding he said, "Hey Mom! Do you know what you get when you mix white and yellow?" To which I replied, "No, what?" And with a big smile on his face he pronounced "Lemon!". It wasn't the answer I was expecting, but it was the answer that made me laugh. I think I'm going to use the word "lemon" to answer a lot of questions now.

How are you? Lemon.

How much money do you make? Lemon.

How do you feel about the economy? Lemon.

See, it works in any situation!

Speaking of lemons, doesn't a lemon meringue cupcake sound good? I went into the hospital today to get my blood work done for my upcoming surgery. As the nurse was digging the needle into my arm ("Usually this isn't so hard for me!" she said), she asked me what I was looking forward to eating after having my gallbladder out. Of course pie and cupcakes were my answers. After I said those words, we became great friends.

This is why I want to open a bakery. There are very few people that talk about pie and cupcakes and become depressed as a result of it. What would life be like if your job was to make people happy? One day...

Sincerely,
h.

2 comments:

  1. May I be your bakery assistant when we grow up? Pie makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! Ellie and Lucas can be our mascots.

    ReplyDelete