1.11.2010

Screw You, Mercury!

Dear Readers,

I don't know if you noticed, but January has not been an easy month thus far. And it seems like every time I vent a complaint about something that happened, the response I get is "Mercury's in retrograde". So today I Googled that term, hoping to finally have an understanding of what people mean when they say that.

Apparently, Mercury is pulling back on it's axis. This messes things up for creative people. Contracts go bad, lovers break up, and appointments are missed. It's a time to avoid making decisions, doing math, and eating out. I'm not kidding when I say that I read each of these things on astrological websites today. Why can't I be told everyday to avoid doing math? And what a great excuse..."I'm sorry I missed my ________ appointment, but you see Mercury's in retrograde and it prevented me from being here.". And heaven forbid I ask my darling spouse to pick a restaurant to eat at during the retrograde, it's a double whammy to eat out and make a decision!

But fear not, Dear Readers, the retrograde is scheduled to end on January 15th. So schedule your appointments, contract signings, and love affairs later in the month, and you should be able to get through them without Mercury interfering. I can't make any promises about the rest of the solar system though...

Sincerely,
h.

No comments:

Post a Comment