1.30.2010

A Sad Apology

Dear Readers,

I apologize for not keeping up with my blog this past week, I just never got caught up enough at work or at home to be able to sit down long enough to think of something clever to write. It's possible that I may have just exhausted all of my cleverness too, but I'll do my best to muster some tidbit of wit from the ashtray of my mind.

Just to give you an idea of how lost my normal self is, I just selected a romantic comedy starring Hugh Grant to watch tonight. Weird.

Last night we ended the work week on a high note by getting all dressed up for a cocktail party. I got to wear my yellow dress, and it was by far the highlight of my week. Not only did my husband think I was beautiful, but a couple of strangers thought so too. I love it when Shay tells me I look pretty, but let's face it, I look pretty to him any time I step out of my "casual wear" and put on a clean shirt. But for a man that I don't know whom seems reasonably sober to step up to me and say, "You look incredible," it really meant something to me. Although it will be another day or two before my hip's in workable order again, it was worth walking around in heels all night.

So, I have now reached a new level of exhaustion, and will end this note for now. Please look forward to my upcoming posts, as I'm having my surgery on Tuesday and will be writing some rather creative drug induced pieces.

Sincerely,
h.

No comments:

Post a Comment