1.21.2010

Ode to Dr. Carlson

Dear Readers,

Today was a good day. Why? Because I got to visit my gynecologist, Dr. Carlson. Dr. Carlson has been in my life for several years, and is just about the greatest man (if not the greatest man) on the face of the planet. None of my other doctors hug me when I come in their office. None of my other doctors offer to push back their next appointment so they can hang out a chat with me. And none of my other doctors make me feel so well liked and comfortable, and I'm usually fully clothed in their office.

So what is it about Dr. Carlson that makes him so wonderful? My friend Andrew pointed out today that I'm the only girl he knows that gets excited about going in for her annual exam. I feel bad that other women don't have the comfort and confidence in their OB-GYN. And I know I'm not alone in my love for Dr. C., my sister Andrea is a member of his fan club, as well as some of our other friends. He's finally been in practice long enough now that he's not taking any new patients...I love the idea that he belongs to just a select few of us now and is no longer a public commodity.

Shay understands that should Dr. Carlson ask for my hand in marriage, I would be obliged to accept. It's not that I don't love Shay, I do with most of my heart. But I've known Dr. Carlson longer than I've known him, and I gave him a piece of my heart the first time I walked in his exam room.

And so this exceptionally lame blog is dedicated to Dr. Carlson, whom I wish I could write about in a sing-songy tone, but my heart song just doesn't want to transpire to a basic essay script. Much love, Dr. Carlson.

Sincerely,
h.

No comments:

Post a Comment